Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How do I still have hair

Have you ever felt like giving up? Simply just throwing up your hands and saying frack it I just don't care anymore!?! Well I feel like I am stuck here. I just can't seem to pull myself out of this slump. Right now I can pin point two causes but there may be more.

The first cause, my kids. More specifically my kids attitudes. I literally want to pull my hair out. The oldest isn't even nine and I find myself cringing thinking about the teenage years. I try so hard not to raise my voice and then before I know it I'm yelling at one or more of them for doing something that they know better not to or just makes absolutely no sense why they did it. The oldest know not to talk back. This was a major rule that he was taught since a toddler, well now not a conversation happens with out him talking back.

Then you have the second oldest who is resorts to whining about any and everything. He especially turns it on when his Dad is around or when he is talking to his biological Mom. It will go from normal tone when talking to me to the second his Dad walks in he is whining up a storm. It drives me up a wall!

Now the oldest girl and middle child can be summed up in two words, DRAMA QUEEN! Every little thing is blown way out of proportion. Take this morning for instance, she was told to get dressed for school and instead of just getting her clothes out she went into a meltdown of not having anything to wear! I'm talking full on screaming, kicking, snot running down her face and hiccuping. She is six! She has a closet full of clothes. When I told her she needed to knock it off and calm down she looked at me like I was crazy. What is she going to be like as a hormonal teenager! Oh my goodness, prepare world, PRE-fricken-PARE!!!

Then the second youngest and youngest boy. He is so flip flop. He can go from being the sweetest, kindest, little helper to a crazed child in .1 seconds flat. One example he decided to take a toy from the youngest because she was "thinking about writing on it" this threw her into a fit and when I told him to give it back he threw it at her. Not gently handed or even tossed, but chucked it at her. That earned him a time out and he was sent to his room. This led to stomping up the stairs, an almost slammed door(told him to stop before he did it), and then almost 10 minutes of blood curdling screams on how unfair it was.

Now the youngest, where even to start. Whoever came up with the phrase "terrible twos" knew nothing! She started at two and never stopped. Yes she is only three now but there is no calming down yet, if anything she gets crazier and crazier. She is constantly screwing with the other kids and making them freak out. She loves to take things that are not hers and take off running. And don't get me started on my makeup. Keeping her out of that is a chore in itself.

I don't want to raise my voice to them anymore but find myself at a brick wall with coming up with something else that works. Time outs? Ha yeah right. They do their time, get out of the corner, and I swear within 10 minutes do the exact same thing again. We tried making them do exercise as punishment. Nope didn't work either. They thought it was fun and asked to do push ups all the time. I don't expect my kids to act like perfect little angels all the time but my goodness I am exhausted. I need to come up with different stratagies but so far nothing.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment