Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So maybe I have a problem...


So somehow my original post about this was deleted. Damn blogger gnomes leave my crap alone. I may be pretty computer savvy but I am easily frustrated by technology issues and have been known to threaten inanimate objects when they don't cooperate with me.

Well onto the main topic here. So the picture above is majority of my own shoe collection. The boots wouldn't fit in the picture so they don't count. The collection has completely over run the shoe shelves and now takes up half of my floor in the closet. I have been told by many of my friends and family that I have a little bit of a problem. I have even been told by Little Man that I am shoe addicted. Psssh I roll my eyes at that statement!

Yes I have a ton of shoes and yes some days I wear flip flops instead of heels but the true magic behind the shoes is that the minute I start to feel down I can throw on a pair of shoes and instantly feel better. When I know I am going to have a difficult day I wear heels and it gives me the power boost I need. Heels automatically make you feel and look better. You stand straighter and your legs look a mile long. And trust me as someone who some view as tall, 5' 7 1/2" (the docs refuse to let me say 5' 8"), I have short legs.

Some people say that since I turn to shoes to "make me happy" that I definitely have a problem and I should have a healthier outlet to make myself feel better. To those people I have this to say, let me be. I am not doing anything illegal nor am I hindering my or my children's lives. Do I have to have shoes, no. Will I freak out if I don't have them, no. But I enjoy them.

I think that everyone has their vices and as long as they are healthy and legal no one should knock them down. Well it has been two long weeks since I have been able to wear anything but flip flops (new tattoo's on both feet) and today was the first day I was able to wear heels and I rocked them. Well time to jump in the bath, another thing that has been missing for a while, and then get an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment